Thursday, January 28, 2021

I Painted an Elf King

 Here we are, a post about painting! A quick post, just to show what I've been working on and how I work


Here he is, a metal elf king from mantic for kings of war. There's a lot to be said about mantic's elf models, but it's been said all over the internet before. They work for what I want: they're fairly affordable, easy to paint, and a bit different from the usual elf figures out there.


 

The first thing I did was coat him in white! The smart thing to do would be use spray paint probably but I live in a snowy land and I'm not a great painter, as will become clear. This figure normally comes with a shield from what I've seen but I don't have it and I kind of like him without the shield anyhow!


I wanted a somewhat bright and lively scheme for these guys, so I went with purple, light blue and a kind of bronze metallic paint. Plus brown for his spear. I think it works pretty well, it pops out and differs from what I usually see with elves. After that, a wash and I decided I was happy.


  He's done! And it was a lot of fun to paint. I've got a small elf army to do, so hopefully I can post some more of them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment