Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Family Gaming

 I've mentioned painting with my nephews and niece a couple of times recently, I think. I've managed to spend about a month with them, which is quite a lot, considering they normally live more than 400 miles away. In that time we managed to get a lot of painting in, and a few games as well. So here's a few pictures celebrating that!

First off is this, the main project for their visit. This is one of the Barnes and Noble boxed set games, Fireteam, basically a simplified board game version of GW's Kill Team. The 2nd oldest of my nephews painted most of the Space Marines, while everyone painted some of the Necrons. The blue one in particular was painted by my 3 1/2 year old niece. (She's very proud of it, and also of the fact that she's 3 1/2)


2nd oldest nephew and I also played a game of Fireteam, and while I know I got some of the rules wrong, it was still a good time. Plus the rules I got wrong worked out in his favor, and he managed to stomp me and my Necrons quite handily.

I'm not a competetive gamer, this is the kind of game that I really value. Just getting time with the people I love, on the hobby that I enjoy. I've been fortunate this month.



No comments:

Post a Comment